Processed Rice Flour – 4 cups
Urad Flour – 1 cup, roasted
Salt as per taste
Pepper – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Cumin – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Ghee – 200 gms
1. Dry roast urad lightly and then powder it in a mixie.
2. Sieve and mix it with rice flour, salt, cumin and pepper.
3. Rub ghee on a plate and then blend it with the flour.
4. Divide the prepared flour into 3 to 4 parts.
5. To one part mix water to prepare a thick dough.
6. Keep a small bottle cap in the centre on a wet cloth.
7. Take a big lemon sized dough in one hand.
8. Use first three fingers and form twisted spirals around the cap to form murukku shape.
9. Prepare a few murukkus in the same way.
10. Take out each murukku carefully and put in hot oil one by one till the oil holds.
11. Fry till golden brown.
12. Remove from oil and put it in a absorbent paper.
13. After the first part is completed, sprinkle water on second part and make murukkus.
14. Repeat till the flour is over.
15. Store the murukkus in a dry air-tight container.